Day in the life of…
Find out more about what it is like being a Site Manager at Axil below.
years at Axil
Q&A: Site Manager
Find out more about what it is like being a Service Delivery Co-ordinator at Axil below.
- Managing the Health & Safety of the employees (recently achieved 5000+ days since a lost time accident/incident!)
- Managing staff, contractors, or visitors
- Axil’s front man for/to the customer
- Managing workloads, holidays, absenteeism
- Enhancing a safety culture
- Implementing any training requirements for all staff, ensuring all employee training records are kept up to date – this includes any training requirements from the customer
- Installing/setting high standards to the workforce
- Raising any safety concerns or continuous improvement ideas on both the customers & Axil’s respective systems
- Staying compliant
- Leading by example & running a smooth tight ship
As I’m based on a customer site, this really does change from day to day! Overseeing the waste operations across the customer site, ensuring legislation is complied. Managing the workforce & ensuring Health & Safety is paramount. Dealing with customer demands, answering/dealing with any queries, consigning waste, producing transport labels, producing all the legal documentation required for each waste load, being involved with customer audits as well as internal ones, raising purchase order numbers & dealing/liaising with suppliers. Undertaking any investigations as/when required. Producing risk assessments & safe systems of work procedures.
I work closely with staff at Cannock, people within transport, people based at Corby, as well as the Contract manager for this site. Also, commercial staff – ‘doing my bit’, touting for new business opportunities/adventures! I also work very closely with suppliers & all the customer departments onsite.
The variety. Working with all the customers across all departments onsite & liaising with my fellow colleagues across the country.
This is an extremely tough question, so I’ve come up with a few threesome scenarios!
- To be yourself
- Honest, versatile & collaborative
- Challenging, co-operative & responsibility
- Looking after customers
- Commitment, integrity & flexible
- Just Axil it!
First & foremost, be honest. Never be afraid of asking for help. Engage & listen to the customer. Integrity is key! Build up a rapport & earn the customer’s & other work colleague’s trust/respect.
“Axil are an extremely caring employer. They offer plenty of job security and good benefits. Overall, they are a good company to work for.”