Due to Axil’s continuous growth, we are hiring for multiple waste operatives
to join our nationally based operations team.
Rolls Royce, Chichester site
To assist site operations and Axil waste operations in carrying out regular exchanges at Rolls Royce, Chichester site . Waste is then to be sorted.
Complete all aspects of health & safety reporting as and when required.
Other waste related activities at site will also be required.
- Exchanging 1100L wheelie bins. Currently these are General Waste and Dry Mixed Recycling waste streams but as the contract progresses this may differentiate.
- Responsible for the waste management, processes, and standards within our compound.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the customer and site staff working in partnership.
- Identify and implement innovations and continuous improvements.
- Ensure all health and safety / environmental policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Daily pre use inspections to be carried out on all machinery and vehicles.
- Full bins to be returned to the Axil waste compound, sorted, and processed.
- Operate safely ensuring our H&S policies / procedures, risk assessments, and safe systems are always adhered to.
- Always maintain a high standard and well organised waste compound.
- Communication, daily with the customer, contract manager, and line manager.
- Regular checks on waste levels of containers around site booking exchanges as required.
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly after processing in accordance with site and Axil health & safety policies, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and any relevant policies and procedures.
- Undertake training provided to assist you in your role
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees
- Provide solutions, continuous improvements, and innovations.
- All near misses, incidents, and accidents are to be reported via our incident reporting app.
- Driving License
- FLT License (preferred)
- Towing Experience (preferred)
- Waste Management Experience (preferred)
- Health and Safety (preferred)
- Manual Handling (preferred)
- IT – basic skills required
- Waste and Recycling Operative – Chichester
- Waste and Recycling Operative- Daventry
- Waste Operative – Alpine, Chipping Norton (new site)
Complete the form and attach your CV and a member of our HR team will be in touch.