Due to Axil’s continuous growth, we are hiring for a Technical Chemist
to join the Technical Team.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Chemist to join our expanding Technical Team.
This job description is not intended to establish an exhaustive list of duties, but an outline of the duties expected.
- Technical assessment of waste enquiries to characterise and apply accurate classification ensuring waste meets current permits, compliance, and legislation.
- Identify and assign cost effective and compliant disposal routes to waste enquiries.
- Provide technical support on customers sites, to include listing wastes, taking samples, and providing technical guidance.
- To promote, audit and enforce the application of Axil’s management’s health, safety, environment and quality assurance policies and other site wide health and safety monitoring and procedures.
- Secure and continually improve the health and safety of Axil’s workforce and subcontractors, minimise accidental loss and ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Assessing all waste enquiries in line with the requirements of WM3 and prevailing legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with all licenses and permits.
- Identifying and assigning cost effective and compliant disposal routes to help maintain costs.
- Provide technical advice, support, and guidance to sites within the organisation.
- Producing reports when required.
- Provide technical support to Contract Managers and Business Development Managers.
- Packing and identifying wastes on customers sites.
- Taking samples at customer sites, identifying the relevant assessment criteria, and interpreting the resultant data.
- Promote Axil when visiting customers and develop customer relationships.
Key Success Factors
- 100% Waste legislation compliance
- Meet the SLA’s for technical assessing of waste enquiries