Due to Axil’s continuous growth, we are hiring for a Senior Site Chemist
to join our team of chemists at our Cannock Transfer Station.
Senior Site Chemist
The role supplements the position of Site Chemist with additional responsibilities that will include training and supervision of graduate chemists and Transfer Station compliance with specific focus on the Chemical Waste: Appropriate Measures guidance. The Senior Chemist will ensure incoming loads are inspected within given timescales and all other KPI’s are met including stock control and sample and paperwork management. There will be greater interaction with disposal sites and more accountability with inspections and audits.
You will be required to promote, audit and enforce the application of Axil management’s health, safety, environment and quality assurance policies and other site wide health and safety monitoring and procedures. Secure and continually improve the health and safety of Axil’s workforce and subcontractors, minimise accidental loss and ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Training and supervising Site Chemists*
- Ensuring incoming loads are inspected with given timescales
- Maximising value with waste on site through permitted activities
- Liaising with disposal sites and arranging outgoing loads
- Stock control as set out by PPC Permit
- Pre-acceptance and accepting sampling and testing
- Manage all relevant paperwork through to completion
- Ensuring daily inspections completed and any resulting actions addressed
- Liaising with other Chemists and Operatives with waste management
- Ensuring general housekeeping is maintained on a regular basis
- Packing and identifying wastes on customers sites
- Accountability with internal site inspections and audits
- Supporting Head of HSEQ with inspections and audits at external sites
- This job description is not intended to establish an exhaustive list of duties, but an outline of the duties expected.
Key Success Factors
- 100% Waste legislation compliance
- Ensure waste inspections are correct and carried out in the required time frames
- Managing non-conformances through to completion in the required time frames
- Submitting paperwork through to invoicing in the required time frames
- Maintaining compliance highlighting problematic waste
- Generating cost savings through waste on site